G. and I thought the asian noodle dish was exceptionally tasty – light and refreshing. We finished almost all of it, believe it or not, and had about a cup left over.
So, this morning after breakfast, I prepared and added these ingredients to that leftover salad:
- another batch of cooked angel hair pasta
- 2 tiny carrots cut on the diagonal
- a handful of chopped red cabbage (so convenient in a bag in the salad section)
- 3 inches of English cucumber, the sides sliced finely – the seeds discarded
- a chunk of fresh cilantro leaves
- asparagus tips that needed to be used up sauteed in coconut oil in a skillet
- 1/3 cup leftover marinade
When the pasta was well-drained and still steaming, I poured the leftover dressing on it. I then added the cilantro to the warm noodles and stirred it together. To the vegetable mix, I added the dressed noodles and combined all together.
The dressing from the noodles seemed to be enough for the vegetables too. If not, I’ll make a little more and add it right before serving it tonight. In the meantime, it’s now in the fridge with plastic wrap covering it. Will serve it along with some lamb rib chops, a la Julia Child (mustard, fresh rosemary, garlic) glaze in the skillet for dinner tonight.