Here’s a shortcut method to make what looks like a French Patisserie glazed apple tart when it comes out of the oven. It requires only one Pepperidge Farm refrigerated pie crust and one large Cortland apple. Orange marmalade & butter, cinnamon and sugar.
- On a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil, spray with Pam and roll out one pie crust. With your fingers, smooth it in place on the cookie sheet so it fits.
- Peel and core the Cortland apple. Slice in very thin slices.
- Heat up 2 healthy spoonfuls of orange marmalade and 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter. Nuke until melted – stir together so combined. With a pastry brush, spread the marmalade/butter glaze all over the pie crust.
- Place apple slices in reverse order, row by row to make it interesting.
- Baste the apple slices with more marmalade/butter – sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until golden grown. Sprinkle a little fresh lemon juice on the cooked tart after it comes out of the oven.